History of Bancroft
BRIEF HISTORY OF BANCROFT
Hubert Howe Bancroft Junior High School opened its doors for the first time in September 1929 with 700 seventh, eighth and ninth grade students and sixteen teachers. The school was named for Hubert Howe Bancroft, a historian and writer of Western and California history. In 1981 Bancroft added the performing arts magnet. Beginning with the 1994-95 school year, Bancroft Junior High officially changed its name to Bancroft Middle School and we welcomed sixth graders to our school for the first time. On April 6, 2005, we commemorated the 75th anniversary of Bancroft with a gala celebration. Today Bancroft has approximately 1400 students and 55 teachers.
|Copyright © Bancroft Middle School
929 N. Las Palmas Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90038
Tel: (323) 993-3400 Fax: (323) 461-8246