Tips on How To Study
- Find a quiet place to study. Make sure it has plenty of light and is free of distractions such as radio or TV.
- Have all your necessary supplies close at hand, such as pencils, paper, books, a dictionary and a ruler.
- Schedule study time at the same time every day so that studying becomes a habit.
- Budget your study time. Make a schedule. Allow more time for difficult subjects. Set time limits for each assignment. Take short breaks.
- Organize a notebook. Have a separate section for each subject. Take notes in class for review.
- Keep assignment page for each class. Record class work and homework assignments and the marks you receive.
- Review the material before you begin to study. Concentrate on what you are reading. Reread those parts you do not fully understand. Take notes.
- Review your work by asking yourself questions and by summarizing what you have studied. Use your notes and textbook for review.
- If you cannot find an answer, bring the question to class the next day.
- Have a positive attitude towards studying. It is the key to success.