Welcome to Ms. Aguilar's 7th Grade English Class
Expository- How To Video Project 2006
To: PBS Kids Broadcasting Crew
From: Pat Mitchell, President and CEO of PBS
Date: November 30, 2006
Re: The How To Write Poetry Television Show
I will be giving a keynote address at a forum on "The Future of Public Television," a two-day conference being held at the Museum of Contemporary Art. Due to the fact I’ll be out for two days I ask that you please answer the following questions and make sure I receive them no later than tomorrow morning.
Questions to answer:
1. By researching, what questions are you answering?
2. As the interior decorators, what type of setting will you use to
attract children? What will it include?
3. As the scriptwriters, what important things are you going to include on the
front cover of the script?
4. Actors and actresses, a children’s television show script should include what
type of beginning, middle, and end?
Word Meanings From Context
Use the context to help you choose the best meaning or synonym for each highlighted word.
1.Fortunately, the dizzy spell was transient. He was able to continue playing within seconds and had no trouble winning the match.
When you describe an event as “transient,” you are saying that __________.
a. it sounds like a train
b. it is quite harmful
c. it helps you win
d. it doesn't last long
2. Brea and Elizabeth are having a dispute over which radio station to play at work. It would be so much simpler if they both liked the same kind of music.
A dispute is a __________.
a. musical instrument
b. choice of music
3. When they heard the good news about the court’s decision, the angry crowd cheered and then began to disperse. “It looks like everyone is going home,” one reporter stated.
Which would be the opposite of “disperse”?
a. come together b. smile
c. fly like a bird
4. It’s a wonder to me how anyone can still be undecided about this election. These two candidates are certainly distinct. Each would lead our nation in opposite directions.
What does “distinct” mean?
a. needing a bath
c. clearly different
d. about the same age